Ingjerds world...

Oscar Wilde once wrote "I am not young enough to know everything". I guess I am neither old enough, nor young enough, but we twentysomethings try our best to get a grasp of this world - and with that I welcome you to MY world: You are free to crash. This is a place publish curious thoughts and recent events - some personal stuff, but mainly about music and technology.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

My first pasty!

Yesterday I worked late, and as I approached London Bridge; hunger kicked in! It was a good 25 mins wait for my train to Balham, and I decided to use the extra time sensibly and get something to eat.

Hmm, looked around, and the sight is depressing: Burger King, Boots, Marks&Spencers, Costa Coffee, a place that sells muffins and things (can't remember the name), Upper Crust (baguette place) and a pub... not much to catch my fancy. Then I notice a Cornish Pasty place, and I'm suddenly realizing that I've lived in the UK for nearly a year and I HAVEN'T HAD A TRADITIONAL PASTY yet. A pasty is like a pie with steak and leeks in it.

So, I go up to the counter casually and order: "One medium Tradi-Pasty, please". This item of food I bring on the train.... I carefully remove the wrap paper, and can feel my tastebuds getting ready for this gastronomic experience en masse. I take a bite.... and then another one... and it tastes... absolutely NOTHING! MY God, am suddenly reminded why British cousine is not counted among the top European kitchens along with France, Italy, Spain and... even... Germany! This is horrible, and I strongly advise people against this experience. I chucked it in the bin, and longed for fresh Norwegian salmon or Ricotta cheese.... or houmus... and Chateau Briand.... Well, as my father says: "It doesn't matter what it tastes like, we all have to feed".....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home