Ingjerds world...

Oscar Wilde once wrote "I am not young enough to know everything". I guess I am neither old enough, nor young enough, but we twentysomethings try our best to get a grasp of this world - and with that I welcome you to MY world: You are free to crash. This is a place publish curious thoughts and recent events - some personal stuff, but mainly about music and technology.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Switch to Emusic!



Today I started using a service called emusic. EMusic sells music without DRM (Digital Rights Music Management). That does not mean that they do anything illegal. They just sell plain mp3 files that anybody can download and use on any device - meaning that they introduce users to the same level of usability and cross platform flexibility as CDs (but without the fuss of ripping cds).

So now, I use emusic for all downloads. For less £10 a month, I can download 40+ tracks (they also have many free tracks). Much cheaper than Itunes.

It's great!

The only thing I'm missing here, is a rating system - not just for albums but on track basis, so that for each album I can see what the top rated songs from that album are.

So, labels out there: add your music to emusic! It's my number 1 shop right now! and with 10,000 tracks on my computer, I guess I'm a pretty good client (and no, I actually bought most of it - so hardly any illegal p2p). and then I use Itunes to organise and play my music.

So please visit eMusic today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home